Monday, January 23, 2012

Bobi's 1st week down

Very Happy to report that this first week in my lifestyle change I lost 4 lbs!! So excited! I was very careful about what I was putting into my mouth. I decided that once a week I will give myself 1 "cheat meal". That doesn't mean that I get to go totally nuts, it just means that if I happen to be in town on a date, or at a family gathering, I can indulge a little bit more. This week my cheat meal was pizza hut. I ate 2 pieces of supreme pizza. I have been trying really hard to listen to my body so that I know when it's telling me that I've had enough. I have also been taking smaller bites and making sure to TASTE every bite. The food has been much more satisfying... I know, crazy right!?! I have been making sure to eat breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. Then, no food after 8:00. This one is really hard for me. I did a lot of snacking after the kids went to bed. (That's when I would pull out the chips! So bad!!) Another big thing I have been doing is Water, Water, Water! When I wake up I chug 16 oz. h20 (makes me feel like yacking, but once I get used to it, I'm sure I will have no yacky feelings anymore), then I have 8 oz. h20 with my mid-morning snack, 8 oz. h20 with my lunch, 8 oz. h20 with my afternoon snack, 8 oz. h20 with my dinner, and another 8-16 oz. h20 before bed. And if I feel thirsty any other time of the day I have myself a refreshing drink of h20 then too. ;)
Now onto another week!
Going to be making it a good one! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! Starting is the worst part and you have done that so you can do anything now!:) keep rockin!

Bobi... said...

Thanks Brandi!

Gurr Family said...

SWEET!!!! Keep up the good work.

JoAnna said...

Keep up the good work!!! If I can do it I know that you can too. We both have a stubborn streak when we set out to do something! :)