Monday, March 14, 2011

I Hate To Brag, But...

I know it's not nice to brag. We are told that growing up. So I will try not to, but I am happy (extremely happy) and since this blog is about sharing our weight loss success, struggles, and tips, why hold back. I am happy to say I have lost 16.8 pounds since the new year! I am on my way to being a healthier person.

It hasn't been easy. I have had a lot of set backs and a lot of trying days. But I have pushed through and made it this far. I have loved it more this time around with losing weight. We have tried new recipes and have found some that are really yummy and LOW calorie and fat. We try to have a new one each week, but sometimes it's hard to schedule it in. Some of our new meals/recipes we have tried that are low calorie are:

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Seasoned Potatoes, steamed broccoli, and fresh carrots
Grilled Chicken in a Whole Wheat Pita Pocket
Homemade Pizza's
Lots of dinners with Ham

There have been others, but these are the ones we have all loved. I also bought two new cookbooks that have helped a lot too.

Things I have noticed:
I can go a whole week WITHOUT CHOCOLATE (it's hard but it's been done quite often)
Free days are a must
I have more energy
I enjoy cooking and eating healthier meals
I don't snack as much, but when I have one, it's a healthy snack
Baking is limited, but on free days, it's a must
I have more confidence

I hope all of you are having great success. A really dumb saying that always pops into my head is "Good better best, never let me rest, til my good is better, and my better best." I think it quite often and I will not rest until my better is best!

1 comment:

Annette said...

I am so jealous! Good for you! I have NOT lost weight. I am motivated by your success. I need that motivation because I LOVE FOOD! :) Keep us updated!