Monday, April 30, 2012

crazy backwards cycle

No loss (actually I did lose 0.2 lbs), no gain this week.  In my book, that's not a bad thing at all.  I am kinda in shock that I haven't had a week where I gained since I started this journey because I am certainly not perfect and I totally have my bad days!  I am learning things about myself as I go along.  I am a BIG TIME emotional eater.  Any emotion I have makes me feel like I need to eat!  Sad + food = temporary happiness.  Happy + food = temporary happiness.  Excited about an accomplishment + food = temporary happiness.  Etc, etc.  I say temporary because then... temporary happiness from food + beating myself up about eating the not-so-healthy food = One pissed off girl who wants to binge herself out of being grossed out by her lack of control with, what else, food!  This crazy backwards cycle is a constant struggle for me.  It has forced me to take a good hard look at my inner self and has made me think about some changes that I need to make.  I am trying every day to be a better me and I have to say...  I am feeling pretty darn good! :)

3 comments:

Gurr Family said...

It is a hard cycle but it sounds like you are doing great and learning new things about yourself in the process. Love you Bobi!

Bobi... said...

It's hard, but it's also worth it! Love you too Danielle! :)

Unknown said...

thank you for putting it into words! that is exactly how i feel... you are awesome!